Tuesday, November 28, 2006

ROVE LIVE

Rove: Johnny Vanguard is a guest on our show tonight has just released his new album and very successful Citizen Urban. Everyone please welcome Johnny Vanguard.

Johnny: Thanks for that great introduction. Man it’s been along time, its great to be here.

Rove: Well welcome back to Australia. I see you love the m & m’s; we've actually got a jar of vegemite here for you as a welcome home gift and to go with those m & m's.

Johnny: Thanks for that Rove. I love vegemite, but I became addicted to m & m's in LA. Man you have to take the bowl away; there must be a million of them.

Rove: We'll package then up for you to take home. So how is it like being back in Australia?

Johnny: Man I really miss it. Its my home and I have a lot of great memories and I think some time in the future I will move back here. After the tour I an doing to promote my new album. I am going to spend some time with my family.

Rove: Ya that’s what I wanted to ask you about your new album, Citizen Urban. It’s been along time since your last album. How does it feel to get this album out and be number one on the charts?

Johnny: What do you reckon man. It feels great. I never thought I could do it again, but here I am. I was a hard slog and it wasn't easy in LA. As you know I had a pretty rough time the last few years. But I am on top of things now, my album is doing great and I will be touring around Australia for the next few months giving live concerts and promoting my album. My manager got me doing so many interviews I don't know when I will sleep, but I am really enjoying it.

Rove: Ya well your concerts were all sold out months ago.

Johnny: Its incredible I get mobbed were ever I go and am signing autographs all day. I really appreciate it and want to thank all my fans out there. Its great to know that after all this time and everything I have been through that people still appreciate my music. I also want to thank all the support I have been getting in the media.

Rove: Except for that scathing review you got from Tyler James the top music reviewer in the country. Did his comment have any validity?

Johnny: Well what can I say. I just hope he will listen to my album again. The record sales speak for themselves. I am hoping we can have lunch together one day and we can talk about my music. I am an artist, that’s what I am about, that’s everything I am.

Rove: So what are your plans for the future after you finish your tour?

Johnny: As I already mentioned I will be spending time with my family. Having a bit of quite time. However I am already working on a new album that I feel is taking me in whole new direction music wise and will be even better then Citizen Urban. It will reflect my new direction and outlook in life.

Rove: Do you mean it will reflect the place your in now?

Johnny: Exactly, my music is so much a part of me that it reflects who I am and what I am is in my music. If that makes sense.

Rove: Yes it does, well thank you for your time and will you now perform Citizen Country from your latest album, Citizen Urban?

Johnny: Love to Rove.

Rove: Everyone please thank Johnny Vanguard. Citizen country, his number one hit song from his new album, Citizen Urban.

1 Comments:

Blogger michaeltafe said...

Hi Tyler,

Please excuse the lateness of this mark, I didn't realise you had finished this interview.

A great effort here, it really hits ths style of the Rove show. I would have liked a few more 'in depth' questions, but perhaps you avoided them because Rove usually does. Overall excellent.

Mark: A-

7:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home